CapFast/EDIF Tools have been improved
- Automated addition of design directories to the data file search path.
Design subdirectories with hierarchy are also added to the path. This eliminates
the need to add path on command line which is inconvenient with more complex
- Improved memory allocation and management, resulting in higher
speed and capacity.
- Fixed several bugs associated with global and local port connectivity,
- unconnected global ports were connected together in the EDIF representation.
- onpage connecter named the same as an existing offpage connector caused
the latter to disappear from the list of global ports.
- Fixed several bugs associated with handling of properties, particularly
when they are entered incorrectly by the user (i.e. a property with an
empty name caused a crash).
- Improved error handling and generation of error messages to the
- Improved compatibility with various EDA vendors’ EDIF translators
(i.e. Mentor Graphics).
Return to EDIF Page
- Improved user control over the flow of the translation:
- Defined and implemented the instance designator suffix property.
If the instance designator suffix property is given in the control file,
and the property appears on an instance, its value is appended to the designator
(CapFast ref property).
- Defined and implemented filename mapping in control files. Users
can choose what names are to be used when creating design symbol files.
These names are used if no collision occur with names already generated.
- Improved algorithm that comes up with unique file names. In cases
where collisions occur, attempts are made to construct substitute names,
using as much of the original name as possible. In most cases, a much more
meaningful filename is produced.